Asked on Feb 21, 2015

How do I get the black marks off my composite deck?

+2
As we all know New England is getting hammered with snow this year! And I had so much snow on the deck that I had to use the snowblower to get it off. I'm anticipating more snow and now I have a great deal of these black marks from the augers. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of them without removing the color?
q how do i get the black marks off my composite deck, cleaning tips, decks, hardwood floors, Black marks from the snowblower
Black marks from the snowblower
  • Carol Potts Carol Potts on Feb 21, 2015
    In the spring, after the deck is completely dry, use a product called Jomax that is found at Lowe's. It's for composite decking and will usually clean dark spots, tree sap, mildew, etc. It seems to work better than Simple Green for hard to clean spots outdoors. If the spots are still visible, then you will have to wait for the deck to be completely dry and run a heat gun over the spots to bring back the color. I found this tip on the Azec deck site, The heat gun will bring back the color to the stained area.

• Lai1300254 Lai1300254 on Feb 22, 2015
    Try lemon essential oil - a little goes a long way

• Terri Rivers Pelletier Terri Rivers Pelletier on Feb 22, 2015
    I have an lighter color composite deck and it shows all stains. I'm assuming I can use the above method to remove them as well? Thanks

• Adrian Adrian on Feb 23, 2015
    Jomax for composite decks is a great product to try first. There's more than one Jomax product so make sure you buy the one for decks. Then you can try 'Magic Erasers'. They are truly magic and they make one in a mop form with a long handle that could save your back and knees.

• Jan Prince Jan Prince on Feb 25, 2015
    mr.clean magic eraser. sos pad. elbow grease