Is peat moss good for your garden

+5
  • Ken Ken on May 01, 2018
    Like taking pills, it depends on what is wrong with you.

Peat moss provides no nutrients but acts as a modifier to the texture of your soil. It can help if you have heavy clay soil like I do.
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on May 01, 2018
    Absolutely! It provides a lot of nutrients and adds 'lift' to heavier soils. Plus when you buy it compressed, you only have to use as much as you need and the rest will keep - so long as it's dry.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on May 01, 2018
    Peat moss adds NO nutrients! Just like Ken said. It does help make soil lighter though and is good in soil where you are planting seeds.
  • Sus7887901 Sus7887901 on May 01, 2018
    Peat moss is a good idea to amend clay soil
  • Mkl Mkl on May 01, 2018
    It adds texture to soil. It lightens heavy soil(clay) soil and adds substance to sandy soil. Just be careful peat moss can acidify your soil.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 01, 2018
    It is used when planting trees and shrubs in the bottom prior to planting to help keep the roots ball moist.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on May 01, 2018
    Helps to loosen up soil. Especially good for clay soil. As it degrades it also provides a little nourishment.
  • Susan Palcisco Susan Palcisco on May 01, 2018
    I feel like when i use it i get grass/weeds in my garden