How can I get privacy with no budget?

+6
I live in Winter Haven,Florida and been having issues with things I'm seeing from my patio looking into my yard.
Without going into detail about why i need advice let's cut to the chase .I have no budget but have experience using recyclable materials, just can't physically do a lot of strenuous work due to my disabilities. Would like to get information on how we may be able to swim in our pool or sit on our patio and enjoy nature. Thanks.
q how can i get privacy with no budget
My point of view for my morning coffee or afternoon swim looking into my back yard into my neighbors yard. This is where I have no privacy.
  • Just John Just John on May 19, 2018
    Is that your chain link fence? Find discarded materials like old shower curtains, vertical blinds, etc. that you’ll have to trim down to fit the diagonal pattern in the chain link fence. You said you had no budget but all the time in the world to spend doing this!.......it’ll take a while but should be next to free materialwise!
  • Trudy Trudy on May 19, 2018
    Plant hyacinth beans. Seeds are cheap, they grow fast and have beautiful purple flowers and beans. You can train them on string; tie the string on a huge nail, pound it into the ground and tie it off up at the top of your lanai.
  • Cindy Charlie Nobles Cindy Charlie Nobles on May 19, 2018
    I have Zebra grass that gives us lots of privacy we love it we also take water bottles cut the bottoms off and you now have flowers you can even paint them
  • Rnl24640807 Rnl24640807 on May 19, 2018
    Friends purchased on sale the rolls of bamboo fence material. They covered a similar structure and the temp under it was 25 - 30 degrees cooler than the 110 outside temps. If you have local palm fronds, etc. they will do the same thing for free.

• Sandy Sandy on May 19, 2018
    You could also plant honeysuckle done the length of the fence it will grow up and cover the fence, you'll always have lovely honeysuckle there.
  • Grandmasue10 Grandmasue10 on May 20, 2018
    You have to spend a little money....even if you just drive around looking for discarded materials or plant seeds, as some suggest. Dumpster diving is my solution.
  • CJ CJ on May 21, 2018
    Ask friends and family if they have curtains or bed sheets they no longer need or if you can afford to buy, inexpensive curtains or sheets, shop a thrift store, they could hung on the wall of your pool area. They would not have to be hung all the way up on the wall, even half way would give you privacy when you swim or are seated. Sheer curtains would work.
  • Wanda sinnema Wanda sinnema on May 21, 2018
    I'd go with the curtail idea as mentioned earlier. I'd separate them with a trellis and add something that vines between each post. Add maybe one a season.
  • Mindshift Mindshift on May 24, 2018
    Shade cloth is available at most home improvement stores. Most often it's green, but occasionally it can be had in black, blue and other colors. It's usually in the garden section. Here is a link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Easy-Gardener-6-ft-x-20-ft-Saddle-Tan-Sun-Screen-Shade-Cloth-72020R/202043545?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-100656900-_-202043545-_-N The one in the link is 6x20 ft for about $35.
    We added some to the west side of a pavillion. In addition to keeping us cooler it gave a bit of privacy from the neighbors. It also cut the intensity of windy days. You can see through it, but less so when you are farther away. We tacked it to 1x4" boards on either end then screwed those into the wooden pavilion poles, stretching the shade cloth tight. Here is a photo of shade cloth attached to chain link fencing. However, if you do not own the fence seen in your photo you should ask permission first from the owner, or you should find another place to hang the shade cloth. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=L2VEwDan&id=57A0151A368247BB30593AEFAFD27B84CA2D40D2&thid=OIP.L2VEwDanZRanKrKG2nrRPAHaFm&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwindscreen4less.com%2Fimages%2Fgreen.jpg&exph=434&expw=574&q=shade+cloth+for+privacy&simid=608021243790820798&selectedindex=139&ajaxhist=0

There are also tarps made from shade cloth with taped edges and grommets. We shade a south facing deck with one. They are attached using bungee cords They are more expensive with a 6x20 costing $55. Here is a link for these: http://www.tarpsplus.com/black-mesh-tarps-screen-covers.html