What should I do with my pond that wont hold water?

Dug it years ago. Cemented it 3 yrs ago.Flex sealed 2 yrs and last yr.
It wont hold more than a 4 ". Gonna do total do over. Maybe a 'Grand canyon' model? ..grow moss (i love moss) .
Hubby says buy a liner.
I wonder about preformed insert?
Please help so I can enjoy my pond this yr.
Dont really want to jackhammer it yet.(3rd option)
Hope someone has a 4th idea?

q what should i do with my pond that wont hold water i dug
Tube is me 'draining the pond' again.
Gonna scrub her clean and start again...but with which solution?
  5 answers
  • Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Jun 12, 2018
    Concrete liners are not good where there is frost in the ground because heaving cracks it. You can purchase a rubber liner to lay inside it which will be more durable. You can find them a lawn and garden stores.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2018
    use the pre formed liners
  • Dave Dave on Jun 12, 2018
    My son put one in his yard, he just bought a plastic pond, dug a hole and placed inside, looks great
  • Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Jun 12, 2018
    The problem is that concrete is porous. Buy, and apply, concrete sealer and apply several coats. This would be the easiest, and cheapest way to go.
  • 1401470 1401470 on Jun 24, 2018
    Find out where it's leaking out and then apply a concrete sealer, apply one coat let it completely dry and then apply another, let it completely dry and do it again. It needs to dry between applications so make sure you read the products instructions for that information.

    A liner is also a good option, I did that years ago and really enjoyed the space. Only problem in your situation with that is you may have to dig a larger whole or begin the project in a new area and start from scratch.