Asked on Jun 16, 2018

What's the best way to hang a curtain rod without studs so it's secure

LenoreRobyn GarnerBijous
+7

• Ilene Paffel Thompson
    Ilene Paffel Thompson

I would suggest a molly bolt if there are no studs. You still need to be careful about weight of rod and curtains even with a Molly bolt.
  • Mogie
    Mogie

A tension style rod would solve that problem. But if you want to put on up that doesn't have that option use plastic u shaped cuts to set the rod in.
  • Ilene Paffel Thompson
    Ilene Paffel Thompson

If your windows are deep set you can use a tension rod and hang the curtains inside the window frame
    • Lenore
      Lenore

Good suggestion; I'll consider that if I can find a "heavy duty" tension rod, as the curtains have large metal grommets. Thank you.
  • Bijous
    Bijous

Wall anchors are all you need. Purchase ones that will hold the weight you intend to put on them. Typically 25# will work. Make sure the screw that comes with the anchors will go through the hole of your rod before you purchase. That way, not second trip to the store. Good luck.
  • Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

Agreed. If the weight is too much, see if you can use some wood attached to the lintel to spread the weight.
  • Lenore
    Lenore

Thanks. I purchased some brackets to help support the rod also.