What is this item?

q what is this item

What is this item?

q what is this item
  13 answers
  • Jim Saurman Jim Saurman on Jul 17, 2018

    It's a wall rack for CD or DVD's

  • Shuganne Shuganne on Jul 17, 2018

    Hi, Melanie, is it at all flexible? If it's sturdy enough, I'm going to guess it is a plate rack, either to let them dry after washing, or to stand up in your cupboard.

    Did you know fine china is not meant to be stacked? Ever! The weight of each plate increases the higher the stack. If the bottom one has the tiniest knick from an exuberant knife wielder, it would break from the combined pressure.

    The opposite is true of books. Because the cover extends beyond the length of the pages, the spine is constantly holding up the pages. It's built to be strong, sure, but why stress it if it's a fine volume, or a magnificent tome like an unabridged dictionary?

  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Jul 17, 2018

    It's a wall pocket of some kind as it has the keyholes for slipping over nails hung on the wall. I hope you bought it because it could be used for a lot of different things. One of those items you would kick yourself later for not buying it. Hope you will post a picture of what you do with it. I am dying to know. You have a great eye.

  • Dana Dana on Jul 17, 2018

    Doesn’t the price label say what it is? If not I’d go with mail holder, CD rack... anything that will fit would work, you can hang it up. Do towels fit? I agree show us what you did with it!

  • CecileH CecileH on Jul 17, 2018

    Its a file holder to sit on a desk!

  • Ronda Kuhn Gehr Ronda Kuhn Gehr on Jul 17, 2018

    It may be a bag holder. You hang on your wall, ball your grocery bags up, stuff in the top, when you need one, you pull it out the bottom.

  • Kathryn Kathryn on Jul 17, 2018

    could be used for many things. I would buy it and let the use come to me later.

  • Shui Shui on Jul 17, 2018

    Magazine rack?

  • Catherine Deirdre Rodden Catherine Deirdre Rodden on Jul 17, 2018

    Its original intention looks to be a rack for CDs or DVDs to be hung on a wall. You can easily repurpose to hold file folders on a desk or magazines on a coffee table

  • Carol Cole Carol Cole on Jul 17, 2018

    Is it some kind of a feeder?

  • Franklinrawley Franklinrawley on Jul 17, 2018

    I think I saw this in Ikea in the office area, so it must be a file holder.

  • User User on Aug 12, 2018

    CD rack from ikea

  • Swan Road Designs Swan Road Designs on Aug 12, 2018

    We have one like it. It's a CD/DVD holder. It can be mounted on the wall or, resting on it's flat side, put on a shelf or table.

Your comment...