Asked on Sep 9, 2018

How to clean toilet?

CeceliaLouise Fletcher CrouseDebboe
+8

I have hard water and my toilet is terribly stained and nothing seems to work for the stain and rings around the bowl. can you help?

• Stelmour450
    Stelmour450

I use Iron Out, it works wonders

• Lena-Jeff Clay
    Lena-Jeff Clay

for My toilets I leave Clorox to soak overnight then the next day I pour coke cola and a pumice stone on its all clean

• Julie
    Julie

I use a product call “the Works” and I get it at dollar general. They have a formula for toilets and also for showers. It is absolutely amazing and cheap. I put it in a spray bottle for the shower.

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

A water softener will help protect all of your pipes and fixtures.

• Kate Luthner
    Kate Luthner

The above answers are good options but if you have the red/brown stain from iron I love “bar keepers friend”. Inexpensive powder that you need to scrub but it eats the iron the best for me.

• Debboe
    Debboe

ZEP acidic toilet cleaner works best for me. Use a little, let sit 5 minutes and clean as usual. Can be bought at Tractor Supply.

• Louise Fletcher Crouse
    Louise Fletcher Crouse

I use "The Works' and it is amazing at remove hard water, rust stains and lime build-up.

• Cecelia
    Cecelia

Did you try denture cleaning tablets?