Asked on Dec 3, 2018

How do I wax shower walls?

Maureen Moe Driver2dogalDesertRose
+9

Has anyone done this?

Auto paste wax would work. Another easy solution would be to use Canola cooking spray like Pam. It will clean the deposits and leaves a fine film to repel water. Works on shower doors also.

• Kathy Gunter Law

My sister in law used to put mop and glo on shower walls as well as their rock fireplace. If your intent is to have less clean up time and no build up, try wet & forget shower. It's safe for all surfaces except marble. It's a no scrub product that you spray once a week. It will clean the shower and keep it clean. I have a tub with a no slip bottom that is horrible to clean. I started using this product summer of 2017 and haven't had to clean the shower or glass doors. It all looks like new. It took 3 weeks using product twice a week to get clean. Maintenance is once a week now. It's available at QVC (there's a video), Lowe's, and walmart.com.

• Mogie

I used some old car wax on the shower walls and door. Just don't put the wax on the shower floor. Just good old Turtle Wax or whatever car wax you have. Also found car wax is great for the chrome in the shower as well as in sink. Worked even better for my glass top stove.

• DesertRose

We had a neighbor who hired our teen daughter to clean for her. She instructed her to use car wax on the tiles to keep them clean and shed of mineral deposits, soap scum etc. She also waxed her bathroom counters for the same reason. Just an idea that might help Linda.

• 2dogal

Rather than waxing the tiles, after cleaning the shower, I go over the walls with a light coating of lemon oil. It does the same thing as wax without all the work. Do not use this on the floor!

• Maureen Moe Driver

Use rainex, it's liquid which you can find at Walmart (or anywhere) generally used to waterproof cars.