How can I reuse styrofoam containers with lids?

+11

I have several styrofoam containers with lids that medical supplies are shipped in. They measure 13wx13dx11"ht. The inside where it is hollow measures 12"x12"x11". I need ideas on how to use these preferably outdoors.

• Grizzoid Carter Grizzoid Carter on Dec 16, 2018

if you have cats, they make great insulators. you can make an outdoor cat house by placing the container inside a more durable plastic container, then decide where you want the opening to be in both containers. you also could possibly take some kind of concrete mix and place on outside with a liner in the middle for flower pots, even make a waterfall. you could also attach a couple of them together with hot glue or something more bonding and make small chairside tables. hope this helps

• Janet Janet on Dec 16, 2018

tie colorful ribbons on them as though they were gifts. You might want to put something in them to weigh them down. You could also add a string of lights around them.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 16, 2018

I saw a picture where someone stacked them and decorated them as a snowman for outdooors. Was adorable. Wish i could find the photo for you.

• Cindy Snider Cindy Snider on Dec 16, 2018

I thought of making a snowman or snowmen with them but since they are all the same size, I wasn't sure if that would work. The one you saw, did they use all the same size containers? Thanks!!!

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 16, 2018

The lady turned the top two so the smaller side was used.

Sure looks like the styrofoam containers that I have! Wow! Thanks, Paedra, for posting this pin! Just what I needed!

• Tere Tere on Dec 16, 2018

They make great " padded " containers for shipping things! No popcorn needed :)

Thanks!!! I'll keep this in mind as we get these containers weekly so I need lots of ideas! I never thought of using it for shipping!

• Phaedra Phaedra on Dec 16, 2018

Lots of good ideas. The presents sound really cute.

I just remembered these cool faux hypertufa planters. It took me a minute to find them again. Since you have so many coolers you could do low wall. Or not.

http://www.thehypertufagardener.com/almost-hypertufa-trough-styrofoam-box-no-way/

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 17, 2018

Cindy, Set these on their sides and use them for storage that is open in the front. Or store some thing that need to be kept dry and clean. Aloha!