Asked on Jan 7, 2019

How can I get water spots off my glass top stove?

Glc34142695HeatherKimberley Davis
+8

• Landsharkinnc
    Landsharkinnc

I'd try a 'magic eraser' first --- they're lime/calcium spots; should come right off --- http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-clean-glass-stove-tops/ but to keep them off, clean the top/wipe dry as soon as you finish cooking and it's cooled off enough to wipe ...

• The cleaner that is for ceramic top stoves really works well. HERE is some, if you didn't get any with your stove.

• Lori
    Lori

I would try baking soda and vinegar. Sprinkle baking soda on the spots, spray with vinegar, cover with a hot rag (opt'l) and wait 15 min. If needed, spray more vinegar on area and then scrub with a microfiber cloth. Your spots should be gone. After you clean off the residue of the baking soda, spray again with vinegar and rub till glossy. If you truly have only 'water spots' on your glass top, just vinegar and microfiber cloth should make it shine.

• Kimberley Davis
    Kimberley Davis

I have had a glass top stove for years and it looks as good as the day it was delivered. I only use ceramabrite spelling ? and have never had a problem. The only other thing I can think of after reading all the answers is to try some turtle wax paste. Not liquid. Make sure the cloth you are using is clean and does not have grit like from a vehicle. I would try that and buff out by hand. Do more than once. Hopefully it will work. Or else try some steel wool the finest grade and rub easy so not to scratch. I love my stove and my drip pan days are over. That is one job I detested. Good luck. Kimberley

• Heather
    Heather

We also use a Safety Razor to scrape off any stubborn bits that got cooked on. Vinegar is great for those hard water spots

• Glc34142695
    Glc34142695

The turtle waxpaste is something new. Will try that plus more vinegar. Maybe I didn’t let it sit long enough.