Asked on Jan 10, 2019

How can I make the best use of storage drawers from waterbed?

Annette Martin TurnerLibby MakelyDolores DeLuise
+2

My son moved and left an old water bed and I am trying to figure out how to best use the drawers, which are fairly deep. I think I have 4 of them.

• Gk

Hello Libby! Can you add castors/wheels to the drawers and use them under another bed for storage?

• Libby Makely

I had thought possibly I could. Our bed is pretty high; I may try that. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Dolores DeLuise

You can seal the insides with some polyurethane and make planters out of them.

• Libby Makely

I saw someone had done something similar and it was cute. Another great idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Annette Martin Turner

I repurposed ours into a window seat near the very large picture window in our living room. I used mending plates to fasten the two sections together. I used angle brackets and used to plywood that was the deck on top. Then I upholstered it with an old foam mattress and nice fabric. The drawers are the perfect size to hold board games, puzzles, etc. I added some throw pillows and a blanket and it is the perfect nook to read or nap or just watch out the windows.