Asked on Jan 12, 2019

How do I choose the right wallpaper for my bathroom?

Sal3170064Karen | Decor HintDiane

I want to add wallpaper above the tile in my bathroom. I love the colors of the sea. What color should I add ?

q color of grass cloth wallpaper

Please help me with color

• Diane

If you’re going for a complete redo, decor shower curtain etc, I would suggest a soft neutral pattern with shades of sand and soft shades of blue. Dont go bold or bright or it will make an already small bath look smaller.

i would also go with a solid sand or light blue shower curtain. It will open up the space.

You might also consider just papering an accent wall and paint the rest the same color as your shower curtain, then pick up your colors in your accents.

You could also use small crates, (Joann’s) on the wall over the toilet, for better storage. These could be left natural or whitewashed.

I would also recommend painting the vanity a soft white if it isn’t already. It will also make the room brighter and larger feeling.

• Karen | Decor Hint

Hi Pam, they sell grass cloth wallpaper in blue colors - it would add some texture to your walls. You could also try a patterned wallpaper in blue - this site has good options and ideas : https://wallsneedlove.com/collections/blue-wp-collection

• Sal3170064

If you are keeping the blue curtain, why not add blue.

Or if you have to paper why not add lining paper and paint a ombre shades in different blues and a shade close to the bathroom suite. Start with the shade nearest the suite, paint a quarter of the way up, then leave a small gap. Paint the palest blue the next quarter, then a gap, then the darkest blue in the shades. Then for the bottom gap you mix the light with the medium shade and blend within the two stripes. For the next gap you mix the medium and the dark shades together and blend.

I think this would look good in your sea theme.

If you were changing the curtain, go for a plain one to match your chosen shades.

I would also paint the frame and rack white.