Asked on Jan 14, 2019

How do you get a suction cup to stick to a tile wall in the shower?

CathiBethPam Walker
+5

I bought a razor holder to go in my shower and the suction cup won't stick to my tile wall

• Ellis

Sometimes if you wet the suction cup, it will stick better. But it probably won't be permanent, and you'll have to rehang it occasionally.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Gayle, sorry you are having problems with the suction cup in your shower. Hope this will be helpful for you to try. Good luck. The best approach I have found is to make sure everything is clean and then apply a small layer of petroleum jelly to the suction cup. It helps to create an air tight seal. a layer of leftover soap scum on the tile or suction cups could be preventing thesuction cups from sticking.Jan 22, 2014

bathroom - How can I make suction cups stay securely to a tiled ...

https://diy.stackexchange.com/.../how-can-i-make-suction-cups-stay-securely-to-a-tiled-s...

• Patricia Rider

Hi ! I have a suction cup razor holder I placed on the wall furthest in the shower. I cleaned it well, took a dab of Vaseline on it and stuck it. Held it tight for a minute or so. While I change the razors often, the holder stays. It may fall a few times a year, but there’s not a stream of water pouncing on it, it does get wet. Good luck!

• Cat

YEP THATS WHAT I GO.. OR USE HOT GLUE GUN IF YOU WANT LONG TERM. AND IT WILL PEEL OFF TO REMOVE

• Pam Walker

COMMAND HOOK REPLACEMENT STRIPS. They're adhesive & easily removable when needed.

• Beth

If your tile is a matte finish, it probably will not stick, I also recommend the Command Strips. A matte finish does not give an air tight seal.

• Cathi

Wipe the area with alcohol. Let it evaporate, and wipe suction cup and attach to wiped area.