Because white mold can damage the house and threaten your health, you need to clean it up immediately.
However, don’t attempt the cleanup if:
• The affected area is larger than 3 square feet.
• Surfaces and materials are difficult to clean.
• You’re currently dealing with medical issues.
homeowners often confuse white mold in basements with crystalline efflorescence. Both growths thrive in damp environments, but efflorescence is actually a type of salt deposit left behind when moisture wicks through concrete. It doesn’t affect sheet rock or wood.
Two simple tests can determine whether you’re looking at white mold on concrete or efflorescence salt deposits.
1. Lightly mist the area. If it’s efflorescence, the growth appears to dissolve.
2, Pull a small amount from the wall, and squeeze it. Efflorescence breaks into a fine powder.
This is one time that you should call the pros. Mold is deadly, whether black, white, or green. Getting rid of it is practically impossible if the right chemicals and removal methods are used, and once it gets away from you, can cause irreparable damage to your home and your health.
Mold of any color or type has the potential for danger. If more than just a tough of surface mold, call in the pros. Here are a few sites to explain in more detail.
Hi Stephanie - There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly
You can view details about mold through this reviews https://homeairadvisor.com/different-types-of-mold-in-homes/