Asked on Jan 17, 2019

How to repair wall cold spots?

Cheryl AJaniceOliva
+3

• Cheryl A

Denise

I am not sure what your question is could you give us more detail so we can give you help?

• Pamela

What do you mean by cold spots ? Do you need to insulate ? Or is it causing issues with paint , please give me more info ?

• Oliva

Perhaps your insulation has shifted, as occurs with blown in cellulose.

• Janice

Hi Denise, I assume the cold areas are on outside walls of your home. Your home may not be properly insulated in those particular areas and that may be caused the cold walls. I'm not sure if there is some type of device you can find or rent that could detect whether or not you have missing insulation in those areas but that would be my first suggestion to try to do or get done. Sometimes in the haste of building the siding or drywall will be put in place without insulation. As a former Realtor, I've seen in some newer housing developments entire sides of houses be sided over without insulation.