Asked on Mar 9, 2019

How to get rid of or repurpose the old soil in my raised planter bed?

29621073LandsharkinncJohnavallance82
+5

What are some ways I can get rid of or repurpose the old soil in my raised planter bed?

• Anna Y
    Anna Y

You could use it to level out uneven spots in the rest of your yard.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

,Hi Jennifer,

Add soil refresher ( nutriments and fresh compost and mix together) or just spread on your garden as is and use fresh soil based compost.

• Landsharkinnc
    Landsharkinnc

dig it out, add to your compost pile if you know it's not diseased with plant diseases; if so, just cast on your lawn or integrate into a flower bed. I always replace 10% of my container soil every season using a good quality Potting soil.

• 29621073
    29621073

All of the above are great suggestions! If you still have some soil leftover after topping off your own yard, offer the rest to your neighbors. Perhaps a neighbor who is unable to garden would appreciate a window box or two that would allow them to enjoy some blooms. Maybe parents with small children and a budget to match would appreciate a soil donation to start a small vegetable patch in their yard. It shouldn't be too hard to find somebody who would happily take it off your hands.

• Jennifer
      Jennifer

As a single mama, I always feel so blessed with nice lil gestures like this and saves me money along the way. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion!