Asked on Aug 19, 2014

What to do with my microwave table?

Linda PhillipsZJennifer @ Decorated Chaos
+8

Ideas for decorating and possible uses of it please!
  • Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

Bar cart, changing station for baby, wine rack, prep island centered in a small kitchen, or a work station in your garage.

• Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

Depending on the use, it could be painted and accessorized with anything really to transform it into its new and improved self.

• Sandy Phillips
    Sandy Phillips

I have one also. Been trying to think of some else to do with it besides hold junk. How about a rolling game table. Checker board top, chalk board painted sides. Give it a funky paint job... store games, cards....etc in the bottom...

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

Paint this to go with your decor, put it in a kid's room for a school catch-all! Book bag can go on the shelf, supplies underneath and purse, keys, and "make sure you take tomorrow" stuff can go on top! That way they are not chasing around gathering up everything for they need for school!

• Judy Kelley
    Judy Kelley

do you have to sand it down or paint right over the finish now?

• Michele Eures
    Michele Eures

People are making coffee stations in their kitchens now and I love that idea. Lots of great ideas from the posters here. If you use chalk paint you don't have to do anything but wipe it down first to remove any dirt or dust.

• Linda Phillips
    Linda Phillips

I used my white one in my craft room as a gift wrapping station. I put it in a recessed area between the closet and side wall. On the wall above the cart I put spring tension rods to hold rolls of wrapping paper. The microwave stand holds other supplies like tape, scissors, tissue paper, gift bags, etc. Works great. You can roll the table out of the recessed area if you have a larger package to wrap.

• Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

If it is laminate (which it appears to be) then you will get better paint adhesion if you lightly sand it and/or apply a primer first.

• Z
    Z

Too much going on right now and my creative juices are just not flowing today. Maybe if you give as an idea of your needs, as in do you have children? If so, about what age. What are you hobbies? Things like that might help us come up with an idea that will work for YOU.

• Linda Phillips
    Linda Phillips

I have a small computer desk similar in size that I keep in the guest room for guests to use as a luggage rack. They can put their open suitcase on top to access their things.