Kee
Kee
  • Richmond, VA
Asked on Apr 17, 2019

How do I hang a canopy for my bed if I have a ceiling fan?

A.V. Does WhatNancy TurnerWilliam

I have a king sized bed tucked in the back right corner of my room beside the window and would like a canopy for it yet i have a huge ceiling fan that awkwardly overlaps with my bed at the bottom right corner of the bed. It’s a small room so i can not move my bed anywhere else

You can hang a canopy at the head of the bed or a canopy that will clear the fan.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=bed%20canopy

• Nancy Turner

If it is a small room, perhaps you could go with a smaller ceiling fan. My room is small and I switched from a queen mattress set that was more than twenty years old to my mom's full size set when we broke up her apartment. It was amazing the extra room I got just going down one size, so perhaps that would help, also. I actually can open my dresser drawers and doors all the way now with plenty of room to spare.

• Kee

I should’ve mentioned I’m renting an apartment so i don’t believe it’s allowed to switch out ceiling fans here nor would they be nice enough to do so. Maintenance is AWFUL here.

• A.V. Does What

Maybe you can hang the canopy like you have four posts on your bed. Drape the fabric from 4 corners but not the top.