Ticia
Ticia
Asked on Apr 19, 2019

Can you restuff a comforter?

SaskieBetsyCheryl A
+2

I have a comforter whose pattern I love but you can feel that it's losing it's fluffiness. It has many 'sewn-in' portions so it will be a problem to dismantle it and maybe I should just forget it and find a nice sheet I can stuff. Ideas

• User

I repurposed my comforter by cutting into smaller squares and making throw pillows, and floor cushions for little ones

• Shore grandmom

If you can't part with it, get a plain comforter that will coordinate with the old one and sew it to the bottom. While watching tv or just relaxing, stich the two together where the sewn-in parts are.

Hi Ticia: I was going to suggest exactly what Shore Grandmom said, but I was going to say that you could take the top, the part you like, off and sew it to a new comforter. Good luck what ever you do.

• Saskie

I took one apart by removing the stitching on top and taking the stuffing out. I then put a duvet zipper in to the bottom section of the comforter and am now using it as a duvet cover. Works great.