Ruth Abshire
Ruth Abshire
  • Granite Falls, NC
Asked on Apr 22, 2019

What can you use short fat coffee cans for?

A.V. Does WhatCreative granCasualHomeStyle
+4

• Recreated Designs

I used similar cans to create storage. I painted them and transferred labels so that they looked like vintage tins. You can see the project below... http://www.recreateddesigns.com/2016/08/upcycling-tin-cans-vintage-inspired-storage/

• Kathy Gunter Law

You can upcycle them for holding plastic shopping bags or any item that you need to store without worrying about the coffee scent interfering with the contents. I have used for nails and screws. You can even paint or cover with contact paper to make them more attractive.

• Pamela

Storage !!!! Paint or cover them , then use them to hold off and ends in or batteries , or tea bags , screws , sewing supplies , first aid supplies...

• Diane Coverdale

They're wonderful to hold small amounts of grass seed. Drill holes in the lid and you can shake out the seed over the lawn. In the winter fill it with salt or sand to de-ice sidewalks!

• CasualHomeStyle

Paint em with pumpkin faces and add twine rope to hanging. Drill holes on sides for rope. Hang outside for fall on walkways!

• Creative gran

I use one for veggie peels going to the chickens, I use another for things going to the compost pile, others are holding an assortment of nails, roofing screws, etc out in the tractor shed. I save the lids...They could be picnic plates. We drink Folgers.

• A.V. Does What

You can drill holes into it, put a candle in it and use it as a lantern.