Asked on Apr 26, 2019

How do I find matching pieces to this dresser?

Vanessa Ashley PutnamMarciJeanette
+6

I have a dresser and armoire made by Drexel the numbers on the back of dresser say 704-136-88 under that says 11/68.I have been wanting to try to find more pieces and I’m not having any luck I thought if I had a name of this group it might help to find more pieces.They almost have a Bombay feel to them. They are an off white or beige the handles have a flower design and there’s some gold trim around it. If and when he won knows the answer to this it would be very much appreciated

• Kelli L. Milligan

It's their French Provencial line from the 60s, marked Nov 1968. Call Drexel Heritage for more information. Look at Craig's list, thrift stores, eBay, auction sites. I see these often. They are very affordable now since that style is out of favor now. A simular bedroom suite just sold at our local auction for $225.00. Bed, 2 nite stands, dresser w. Mirror, and chest. Drexel is a very good brand. Need to find before the young people paint them all.

• Tina Gambino Evans

I thought the French provincial had the queen legs on it. Oh I know everybody is painting everything this has more of a Bombay feel to it though then French provincial. That’s just my opinion because of the curves. When I look up French provincial in Drexel, everything is like a queen and more of a straight line

• Debra Y

Hello, it is a beautiful set. It is not French provencial, you are correct. My father had the French provencial, this has the different legs. I looked online Drexel Heritage Sketch Book French Bombe is a very close match in walnut veneer, @chairish.com

• Kelli L. Milligan

Tina, I am sorry if I led you astray, in the Designer world we call everything that is white and gold French Provential, as do antique dealers, whether it's Queen Anne, Bombay or Sheraton. Kinda like all tissues are Kleenex and copiers are xerox. Wasn't trying to be specific. So if you do an internet search you can be specific but also look at Frech Provental or French White since others may not be so exact, too. Good luck in your quest.

• Tina Gambino Evans

I actually found a couple pieces on eBay that are similar. One is called Drexel heritage Grand Tour sketchbook dated 8/76. The next one is the Drexel sketchbook French Bombe dated 7/82. So I am thinking that mine is not a heritage but somewhere in that same vicinity, since mine was made an 11/68 and does not have the Drexel heritage Mark. It’s just the regular Drexel mark on it, So it must be pre-Drexel heritage. I am so happy to finally have a name for my set. I can only find like three things in this category though so far in my search. I purchased this for $300, 11 years ago in an estate sale. From the look of it I got a really good deal. Thanks so much for the help ladies I really appreciate it.

• See More
  • Melody Stern

The two pics of the brown dresser look just like my bedroom furniture,which is Hendredon!

• Jeanette

Whatever it is, it's wonderful. Good luck!

• Marci

Hello, I have the matching nightstand if you're interested...but am located in Vegas. Original exterior finish. Original drawer pulls in excellent condition. Drawers glide smoothly. Some scrapes and scratches.

• I have the matching nightstand! Did you find similar furniture to it or the name? It is a such a cute piece and haven't found any elsewhere. If you want the pieces together I would sell it...I'm going to start repainting it soon.

• Your comment...