Asked Yesterday

How do I change this toilet to a tank toilet?

Margaret SwansonRobyn GarnerJohn Biermacher
+5

i want to replace this old tankless toilet toilet. Notice the side mounted plumbing.

q how do i change this toilet to a tank toilet

left side flush tankless toilet

Yesterday

Call a plumber. The water supply line would need to be modified to work with a tank toilet. Or it may need to be sealed/removed and new plumbing installed. Drain would remain the same.

• Cheryl Williamsen
    20 hours ago

Yes, that’s a commercial toilet. It’s not meant to have a tank.

Why do you “need” a tank?

• Margaret Swanson
      23 minutes ago

I am not accustomed to the industrial look of this toilet. I am looking to create an inviting environment.

• Mary Garst
    10 hours ago

It's called a sloan value toilet. It has great water pressure but does look commerical. You can have it changed out but recommend you use a plumber.

• Prelude
    9 hours ago

The decision is yours, but I am thinking it may be very pricey because you definitely would need a plumber to do the change and perhaps even need to move the water line to prevent the exterior pipes from being displayed. Your bathroom is very attractive. I think it is novel and rather admire that you have it.

• John Biermacher
    9 hours ago

Crazy idea—-you could keep the existing Sloan valve and add a faux tank hung high on the wall- like you see in Victorian homes. The tank and connecting pipe wouldn’t contain water, but just for looks.

• Robyn Garner
    4 hours ago

If you did place something above the toilet to make it look like a water closet, you could make that be storage inside!

• Margaret Swanson
    31 minutes ago

Thank you all for the suggestions. The toilet is old and has a crack in the bowl so will need to be replaced soon. I like the efficiency of this toilet and want that feature. I like the idea of adding a storage unit on the wall behind the toilet.