How would you frame a window in a bathroom redo other than drywall?

HomeroadKen EricksonKelli L. Milligan
+1

I am redoing a bathroom in an old house and do not really want to drywall inside the frame. Would it be possible to finish it with plywood and then paint and put a wood frame around?

• Tere

You could do that but it, like drywall, will need upkeep, like regular caulking & painting. Why not install tile? Once it's grouted and set you're good to go!

• Kelli L. Milligan

As long as,the trim covers it up, I don't see an issue. I'd recommend insulating it first.

• Ken Erickson

I would probably cover the sides with wood and trim like a normal window trim that matches the rest of the house (unless you have sheetrock wrapped windows in the house). I have found that painted MDF works well and you can cut it to length and width. A latex enamel paint should be used in bathrooms.

• Homeroad

Here is how I framed my bathroom mirror https://www.homeroad.net/2018/04/framing-bathroom-mirror.html