Angela
Angela
Asked on Jun 11, 2019

How to clean stuck aluminum foil in the oven?

Brenda LincolnPam WalkerKmdreamer
+3

I lined the bottom of my oven with aluminum foil and some of it got stuck. I have always used this method, but this oven is new and I can't seem to remove it. Please help!

• Dmholt4391

It might depend on what it's stuck down with. If it is like pie filling, you can probably put soapy warm/hot water to cover the foil and let it sit til it comes loose. But, if it's like meat drippings that are burnt on, maybe spray on oven cleaner, used the same way as the soapy water, would work. Good luck.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Angela, sorry you have foil stuck on the bottom of your oven . I hope this is helpful to remove it. Good luck How to Remove Tin Foil Stuck to the Bottom of an Oven

1. Mix baking soda and white vinegar together to help lift the stuck foil. Pour baking soda into a large bowl. Add enough white vinegar to form a thin paste using a whisk. Use a dry cloth to spread the paste over the entire affected area. ...
    2. Remove any stubborn foil pieces by scraping them up with a plastic putty knife.

How to Remove Tin Foil Stuck to the Bottom of an Oven | Hunker

https://www.hunker.com/.../how-to-remove-tin-foil-stuck-to-the-bottom-of-an-oven

• Kmdreamer

Warm water and a scrubby

• Pam Walker

Hey, if it stuck while the oven was hot, then just heat it back up again & it should turn loose. After it comes off, scrub it with a black grill brush & you should be ok.

• Brenda Lincoln

Had to have a repair guy out to look at my stove. He told me “Do Not” line bottom of stove with aluminum foil. It can create a spark in oven and can short out your electric componets. Big No No! Unsure about gas stove, but it probably has some electricity somewhere. Hope this helps. Bel