Can you give me ideas for transforming a rental into a home?

Lindsay AratariLucky Home TodayLinda Sikut
+2

I am about to move into a new condo style apt that is in a managed property building. Im in need of renter friendly DIY's to really make the space transform from a house INTO a home. Can anyone help?

• Kathy Gunter Law

Peel & stick wallpaper can be removed without damaging the walls. Command Hooks to hang decor on the walls, also removable without damage.

Throw rugs, blankets, and pillows (if that's your style) always make a space feel more like home.

• Zard Pocleeb

I think your best option for making it truly yours is in the furniture. Choose a style that you want to use (modern, eclectic, rustic, etc.) and stay true to it. The beauty is that you don’t need to buy everything at once so you can be judicious in your choices. Along the way you can pick up small accoutrements (lamps, items for tables) to round it out.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Heather,

I agree with both Kathy & Zard. You don't need to do major things to make a room look like your own. You just need to find things that say YOU all over them. If you like warm colors, add pillows and throw rugs in a color you love. If you like modern lines, find the items that work for you. Making a house a home is about using the things you love and making your home your favorite place to be. Wishing you the best.

• Lucky Home Today

Put out/hang up/display things you love! Check with the company and see if you can paint 1 wall in your favorite color. Use this as your accent wall!

• Lindsay Aratari

I would add your own decor touches to make it feel personal to you! This can be from choosing fun colors and patterns to neutrals or anything in between!