How do you clean laminate floors?

CherylJessica Welling InteriorsLinda Sikut
+2

• CJ Mac

I use a spin mop with white vinegar and water! Some days I use Mop & Glo

• Cher @ Designs By Studio C

Hi, Rita!

Since laminate floors cannot technically be mopped in the traditional sense (they can swell and get ruined), a Swiffer dry mop can be used along with a spray bottle containing a mixture of vinegar and water. Lightly spray the floor, then run the Swiffer over it to pick up any dirt. A regular sponge mop could also be used but it would have to be damp and not sopping wet. I hope this helps!

• Linda Sikut

Hi Rita,

I agree with Cher. Vinegar and water makes a wonderful cleaner. Please don't use Mop & Glo or any other liquid wax product. Over time it will build up and leave a mess. Your floors won't look clean, will yellow and it's "bugger" to remove. Guess how I know. LOL Wishing you the best.

• Jessica Welling Interiors

I use a steam mop.

• Cheryl

I use vinegar and alcohol. Vinegar cleans and sanitizes and the alcohol makes everything evaporate so it doesn't harm your laminate. Take it from me I know. Put 1 3/4 c vinegar and 1/2 c of alcohol in a spray bottle or a spray mop. The vinegar smell doesn't last very long but if you don't like it you can add 10 drops of essential oil. I think the oil residue collects dirt so I don't use it.