Asked on Sep 16, 2019

How can I patch up carpet burn?

BaxterLinda SikutDeb K

q patch carpet burn

How can I patch cigarette burns shown in pic

• Deb K

Hi MJ, go into an area where the same carpet is like the bottom of a closet or some space where you can cut some fibers off the carpet, then take those fibers and crazy glue them into place over top of the burn spot, I have used this technique in my hubby's truck when he has burned it, I cut fibers from under the seats. Hold the fiber and use the scissors to trim enough fibers to fill the cigarette burn, if it is really deep, maybe add a piece of material or foam painted close to the color of the carpet. Hope this helps.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Mj,

I agree with Debbie that cutting pieces of carpet from an out of sight place and replacing the burned carpet with those pieces will work. I did my own and posted it on Hometalk. Here's the link showing the various steps I also took. Wishing you the best.

https://www.hometalk.com/34203395/out-out-burn-mark-on-my-carpet

• Baxter

You might be able to find yarn at a craft store that closely matches the brown and white colors in your area rug. Buy the smallest skeins you can or better yet, ask a friend who knits for some of their stash). Cut small pieces of the yarn to glue over the burned areas. Working with very small yarn pieces, use a bit of glue to attach the yarn onto the rug. Other than tossing the rug, that is my only idea. Good luck!