Asked on Sep 29, 2019

How can I dress up an old mirror?

Johnavallance82Lifestyles Homes

i have a old dresser with a mirror which looks even older. i ,m thinking of covering up the mirror with a transfer or needle point? any suggestions?

• Lifestyles Homes

Does the mirror have a frame?

I would tie it into the decor of the rest of the room- both in color & in textures.

• Linda

that just the problem ,what should i use? i have looked and more inclined for the blue lady but can,t seem to fine the site.

• Lifestyles Homes

If it has a wood frame, I would buy new knobs/drawer pulls in a fun color or fun shape & then match the new knobs/pulls with the mirror frame paint.

Yes, they make metallic paint in cans, but I would unmount the mirror, tape off the frame & spray paint it outside.

If you want a crackle finish, you can paint the frame with school glue & then immediately and quickly paint it with latex paint & it will crackle.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Linda.

You could use Clings or Contact PAPER FOR GLASS. You could put a trim of fabric cut on the bias if it is round or pretty braid or ribbon. You could stick on (using double sided tape) Silk flowers or motifs - the choices are limitless..........People who love antiques - just love distressed mirrors..........................!