How can I upcycle a beautiful picture frame?

Jessica VanderVeenFlipturnDeb K
+7

q how can i upcycle a beautiful picture frame

This frame is gold leafed but my current decore is more silver and black.

I love the frame, but not the picture, looking for ideas to upcycle.

• Emily

In our lives there is an abundance of picture frames and some of them are really nice. Alas we have no more wall space! You could make a message board by inserting cork and crossed ribbons,) you could frame a print (maybe from a museum gift shop) (see print of Cawley sisters $1 at Metropolitan museum of art) You could decoupage something to fit frame, (see sample) you could use a piece of vintage wallpaper or a beautiful piece of fabric You could have a beautiful photograph enlarged. In our cleaning out efforts recently we came across two very beautiful 19th century frames. My husband inserted mirrors in them, which he had left over from another framing project. You could hang the frame in your kitchen with some unique kitchen items hanging from a pegboard insert.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I often take thrift store frames and upcycle that to my particular needs. I have also taken golden frames and spray-painted them to suit my rooms decor.

In this example - a former gold thrift store frame-I spray painted it silver and then add glazes is to make them more weathered brushed nickel.

Don’t be afraid to try spray paint and other paints and glazes. Hope this helps.

• Vimarhonor

At the time I lived in residence with all brushed nickel lighting door knobs and faucets. The awesome gold frame didn't fit. Aging the silver finish made it marry the crackle of finishing the painting.

It is amazing what you can accomplish with spray paint.

• Gk

Here are 10 ideas for you to think about Jo-Anne!

lovemydiyhome.com/10-diy-projects-upcycle-old-picture-frames

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

So funny. I love the picture but not the frame. You can order new pictures all over online. Find one in the size you need and pop the old out and the new in. You can leave the old picture in it just in case you ever change your mind you’ll have it behind the new. You can also paint the frame. I tend to paint, if I want, after I get my picture. Sometime a frame color goes best with it. I use a small roller on the mat if there is one and roll new paint on it.

• Deb K

Hi Jo-Anne, how about making it look like a window in a room that has now window, you could put a picture of a forest scene or something in it.

• Flipturn

Thinking ahead to the coming holiday season, here some are some home decor ideas that use frames.

.https://coolcreativity.com/handcraft/creative-reuse-old-picture-frames-into-home-decor-ideas/

• Jessica VanderVeen

You can easily spray paint the frame silver, and replace the picture with something from etsy