Joe schmid
Joe schmid
  • Woodburn, OR
Asked on Nov 9, 2019

How do I troubleshoot low water pressure?

Cher @ Designs By Studio CSuellen HintzLola
+1

How come my kitchen water pressure is very low and the rest of the house is normal. Faucet output is clear.

• Russbow

Many have a screen that screws on the end of the faucet, if you have one, unscrew it and clean it. Check the valves UNDER the sink to see if they are wide open. Turn them off, then back open again. Worth a try.

• Lola

If it's not your aerator on the end of your sink nozzle, and you have copper pipe then your pipes may be clogged with calcium and lime buildup if so they may need to be replaced. I would check the aerator first by unscrewing and see if the water flow is better if so clean the screens, next make sure water is turned on are high as it will go under sinks and then think about pipe replacement.

• Suellen Hintz

Be sure the turn-off valves under the sink are full on. Take the aerator off to see if it needs to be cleaned.

• Cher @ Designs By Studio C

Hi, Joe!

Definitely check the aerator and take it apart... I had the same problem and though the aerator looked clean, I found that there was a ton of sediment in it when I took it apart. I hope this helps!