Asked on Nov 11, 2019

How do I clean outdoor mold?

JackieKathy Gunter LawSharon
+3

Mold gathers over the summer on the roof of our carport. I pressure wash but it does not all come off. I hear there is a solution that includes chlorine bleach but not sure of actual components or quantities

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Linda, sorry you have mold on your carport roof. Hope this will help you. cleaning with bleach? | Cleaning Your Metal Roof | Archive ...

1. https://www.metalroofing.com › spirit › topic › cleaning-with-bleach

Our galvalume roof has been up for 21 months and is covered with mold/mildew. I've been able to pressure wash from the ground, but, due to the slippery nature ...

• Sharon

There are a couple things we use up here in the PNW for roofs, Moss Out being the most popular..... comes in a shaker can and also comes in a liquid form in a hose attachment bottle. There is also Wet n Forget which I haven't used but is more expensive, but I here it works good.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Chlorine bleach will reduce the appearance of mold but it will not kill the mold spores. White cleaning vinegar will kill the mold spores.

Use a product "wet & forget outdoor" to inhibit the future growth of mold.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I find it’s best for preventing but not great if the problem already exists. I have steps that mildew easily so I scrubbed with a stiff brush and vinegar every month. Then I found wet and forget outdoor. When it’s clean if I soak with that it will prevent for about 6 months.

• Jackie

Do you mean the ceiling of your carport or the actual roof?