Asked on Aug 3, 2020

How to paint the webbing on a summer reclining chair?

VimarhonorRedcatcecCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+3

• Is it the plastic tubing kind or the strap? Either way that might be tricky and it likely won't stick for long. You'd be better off changing the webbing out.

• Cynthia H

I would scrub them really well first and after it's completely dry, I would use paint intended for vinyl. Maybe with a clear coat over it. I'm not sure how well it will hold up, but, it's worth a try. Spray paint shouldn't cost that much. Or as suggested before, you can replace the material. Honestly, I would clean the heck out of them and add a fabric cover or beach towel to spruce them up, but, that's just me! Good luck and stay safe!

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Is it plastic? I would say a spray paint would work best to get all the nooks and crannies on it.

• Redcatcec

With all the rubbing the vinyl would receive from use, just the up and down action, the paint probably won't hold up very well. I would re-web. Many attractive colors at diy stores and Amazon.

• Vimarhonor

Hello could you possibly post a photograph to better see your situation and woven chair webbing?

Having a visual might be helpful to be able to offer the best guidance .....to a help find the best suggestions or potential solution for your paint question