Rachael
Rachael
  • Clayton, IN
Asked on Aug 27, 2012

What Color?

JcrawPatricia NormanLou Camp
+7

It worked so well last time when we asked advice about our front door that we're going to do it again: what color should we paint our front room?! Help!
See the whole story at The Rehomesteaders' Blog: http://therehomesteaders.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-color.html
The inside of the front door will be repainted white but will remain red when open.  What color should the room be?
The inside of the front door will be repainted white but will remain red when open. What color should the room be?
The bedroom directly attached is a subtle but cheery green.  Should the green continue into the other front room?
The bedroom directly attached is a subtle but cheery green. Should the green continue into the other front room?
The dining room (also attached to the front room) is painted a neutral cream.
  • Z

Rachel, is this just an entry room or a living room?

• 3po3

Do you have a piece of artwork or other decor that is going in that entry room?

• Rachael

Becky--it is techinically an entryway though it extends further to the right and will be used as a sort of craft/sewing area. And Steve, not as of yet. We don't have a lot of artwork since we're still working on the walls to hang it on. ;) Soon, hopefully.

• Z

Certain blues ("they" seem to feel aqua is the best) and yellows (on the cheery side) are suppose to be good for creativity. Since you already have the green I'd probably stay away from the aqua unless your green reads differently in real life. Maybe a pretty corn like yellow would work with both and look nice when the red door is open too. What colors will the furnishings be in the off white room?

• Sharron W

I think a Khaki would be a great look with the red/white door .... and it would go well with greens or Blues or yellows if you incorporate them into the rest of the house...

• Jamoschini

Are you looking for a complimentary color for the door, or would you repaint that also? I cant tell by the picture if it is wooden or steel.

• Tina Blitz

A light gold would be pretty.

• Lou Camp

I painted my living area the red at the 2an1/2 ft bottom with a dusty mustard at the top and a yellowish tinted ceiling. U can make your trim light grey or walnut stain---I did both, the stained chair rail with the walnut stain and window trims taupiegrey. Everyone loved it!

• Patricia Norman

I think a pretty yellow would look good.

• Jcraw

I'd be tempted to stay with with the cream but put up crown molding, white or stained. Itwould make the space appear larger.. for fun, paint the ceiling your bedroom green.