True Identity Concepts
True Identity Concepts
  • White Plains, NY
Asked on Jan 5, 2013

What are your thoughts for the front door selection?

RachelSawHorse.netSheryll S
+9

I'm coming into a project where the exterior deck and rail color was already selected, installed, and stained. I've completed the exterior paint and I am in the middle of completing the interior paint. Now for the door, any preferences for the entry door?
Exterior Paint & Front Entry Door
Exterior Paint & Front Entry Door
Interior Living Room & Beam Paint
Interior Living Room & Beam Paint
Dining Room Paint
Dining Room Paint
Entry/Hallway Paint
Entry/Hallway Paint
Door Options for Consideration
Door Options for Consideration
  • Miriam I

Wow, tough choice! I really like all of them. Probably 1 or 3 to match the white trim?

• Carroll A

Wow this is a tough one. I like the french doors that are already there. I like as much light as I can get. So if they must be changed I really like option 3. It does match the trim and won't darken the space.

• 3po3

I had the same first thought as @Carroll. No. 3 will allow more sunlight in.

I think door No. 3 is most in keeping with the spirit of the house.

• True Identity Concepts

It looks like the consensus is for door #3 with #1 as an alternative. I like the light coming in too. Since the homeowners are concerned with some privacy at the entrance, their choice will be interesting. Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll follow-up with their decision.

• Sharon Bothwell

Tina, I would have chosen #3 as what. Which one did your clients choose?

• True Identity Concepts

Oh my, you must have been reading my mind Sharon. Due to all of their recent renovations and the clean-up after Sandy, the client is waiting a bit on the door. It seems that #1 and #3 are the two still under consideration. Once they are ready to move forward in the Spring with more renovations and the replacement of the door, you know I will post the outcome. I'm with you on #3, but it looks like #1 will provide a bit more of the privacy they seek...stay tuned.

• Sheryll S

I am the only one that likes the glass I guess. Why not glass with some custom made curtains, easy to make really.

• Sheryll S

Are those white strips supposed to be glass? I like 3 as well if they don't want traditional 'glass' ones.

• SawHorse.net

Based on the length of the driveway it does not appear that they need much privacy so let as much light in as possible. Some of the rooms may be good candidates for skylights or sun tunnels to bring in more natural daylight.

• Rachel

none