Cheap way to get bed off floor

Julies1949DaeDJ
+6

Our Ikea bed frame broke after 6 or 7 years. Money is really tight. Is there a cheap way we can get mattress and box bring off floor and when I say cheap I mean basically almost free -lol. Thank you!
  • Anne Alexander
    Anne Alexander

My first thought is to go on Craig's List and watch the FREE listing you will be amazed at the bed frames, wood, cement blocks, etc. I think you will something that will work for you project...look forward to pics if you find something really cool...

• Funnygirl
    Funnygirl

You can always do it with pallets.multiple ideas on hometalk or pinterest

• Sheryll S
    Sheryll S

Yes, what the other two said. If nothing else, go to HD and buy their 1 x 4 x 12's and use those for a support. I think they are around $3.40 ish now. I use those for about EVERYTHING. I made my headboard with them and it is great (if I do say so myself).

• Neva Dew
    Neva Dew

Wouldn't work for me (bad back and all that), but just stack the mattress and box spring. If they happen to be the super thick ones then your bed wouldn't be too low down and you'll have a modern, minimalist look.

• Kristine Fiddelke
    Kristine Fiddelke

I used concrete blocks in each corner and a couple in the middle once. Good Luck.

• Kathleen M Palmer
    Kathleen M Palmer

Search free items on local Craigslist site. There are always free & sometimes really nice bed frames on there. Good luck😊

• DJ
    DJ

Go to good will get a bed frame for around $4.00. Wipe it down and you are ready to go.

• Dae
    Dae

Thanks so much to you all. I really appreciate your suggestions.

• Julies1949
    Julies1949

Use wooden palletts- you can find them free everywhere