Asked on Aug 24, 2015

How to hang a sign on vinyl siding?

DORLISJennifer LynnValerie
+3

I'd like to hang a wooden sign on our garage with vinyl siding. I'm a little nervous to screw into the siding and I'm not sure I want to deal with sealing around the screws, etc. I was thinking of using Command strips but I don't know how that would hold up in the weather and freezing temps. Ideas? Thanks! :)
  • Valerie

There are special hangers made for this. Im sure most home improvement stores would carry this. I will try to post a picture so you know what to look for.

• Valerie

Picture

, Hanging on the siding, Removed so you can see that it s easy to remove or relocate No damage to thr siding
  • Jennifer Lynn

Liquid nails if you want to keep it there

• DORLIS

IF YOU NEED TO DRILL INTO THE SIDING, I CALLED THE COMPANY THAT INSTALLED OUR SIDING, DID NOT WANT TO MAKE OUR GUARANTEE "INVALID". THEY SAID TO REMOVE THAT PORTION OF THE VINYL STRIP (PUTTING UP BOARD TO ANCHOR DECK RAIL) AND IF JUST WANTED TO HANG SOMETHING ON THE WALL, DRILL A HOLE LARGER THAN THE NAIL/BOLT AND THEN FILL IN WITH SILICONE CAULK AROUND THE NAIL.