Finish basement floor on a dime

+2
  • Ken Ken on Jan 03, 2018
    Not sure I understand the question.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 03, 2018
    Clean it well, prime it with a quality primer then use a paint made for cement. Quality paint is not cheap, but it's been proven that is one place not to skimp on the cost.

• SandyG SandyG on Jan 03, 2018
    Polished concrete is beautiful and a possible floor finish. Click on the link below.

https://www.hometalk.com/diy/industrial-flooring-is-becoming-all-the-rage-what-do-you-think-681593

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jan 03, 2018
    You can waste time and money if you don't do your homework. No floor will stay down and dangerous black mold can start if you trap in moisture! Be careful!

First of all do a test for moisture on concrete floors. GOOGLE "How do I do a moisture test on concrete." There are meters you can buy and then there is a simple way by using a small sheet of plastic and tape. Be sure and check several areas around the room(s). It may be dry in the center and then moist around the walls.

Also GOOGLE "How do I floor a concrete basement floor" and you will get some great info.

It is difficult to explain these processes...it is better that you read them.