Can you build storage over an unused tub?

+3
Has anyone ever built a storage unit over an unused garden tub? We are the 3rd owners of this house and the tub is absolutely brand new - never used! It's a lot of wasted space. It's right next to a glass walled shower.

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Dec 30, 2017
    what a great idea!! Build a cabinet with a trapdoor on the bottom. Put larger blankets and tp in the tub.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 30, 2017
    I don't see why not, I had friends who built a wooden top for theirs and they had it upholstered and a back cushion made to make it into a love seat. They could lift up the top and store stuff in it.

• Dl.5660408 Dl.5660408 on Dec 30, 2017
    It could be storage on the bottom and a lovely indoor garden if you put a hinged top on it

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 30, 2017
    When you get old, you'd be surprised how much you begin to use and love a tub like that. I put a hand held shower head on mine so I could rinse off after soaking.

• Pat Wedel Pat Wedel on Dec 30, 2017
      How old do you have to be? I'm 83. Didn't like a tub when I was growing up and that's all we had. Still like a shower.

• Kay27246977 Kay27246977 on Dec 30, 2017
    if it’s unused I don’t see why not? Maybe just tear it out?