How to best clean electric glass stovetop

+4
  • BeBe Martinez BeBe Martinez on Jan 01, 2018
    Bar Keepers Friend liquid for smooth top surfaces

• Aik32004187 Aik32004187 on Jan 01, 2018
    There is some special cleaner they make. Ask the manufacturer of the stove the name of the product. If you use something too abrasive it will cause your rings to scrube away. Hope that is helpful.

• Carol Lamphear Carol Lamphear on Jan 01, 2018
    Make a paste of baking soda and water. Use with cloth to clean top. Rinse and dry.

• Kimberly Montgomery Kimberly Montgomery on Jan 01, 2018
    I have found that sprinkling a little bit of baking soda or spread a baking soda paste and then pouring a little vinegar on works beautifully. You can scrub with the baking soda by itself if you have any stubborn spots, but if you do the vinegar before scrubbing, it helps immensely

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Jan 01, 2018
    Got to buy the stove cleaner and the razor blade holder to scrape off any thing burnt on! Follow directions on the cleaner you buy! Only good way of keeping it clean. Don’t let burnt stuff sit on the stove any longer then necessar.

• Kathleen Brown Kathleen Brown on Jan 01, 2018
    I use the Amish cleaner and scrach free scrubber on our glass top. It works well. Also, a straight edge razor is good on severely burnt on foods using while the Amish cleaner is on the surface. In between I use a spray bottle with a little Dawn dish detergent and water to keep it shiny.

• Eleanor Korf Eleanor Korf on Jan 01, 2018
    Buy glass cooktop cleaner (in grocery stores or big box stores). The product I use is Weiman Glass Cook Top (heavy duty), but there are other brands. If the top has cooked on residue you first use a one-sided razor blade and slide it along the cook top at an angle to scrape off as much of the burned on residue as possible. Then you put some of the cook-top cleaner on the cook-top (directions should be on the bottle) and use a paper towel to "scrub" the grime away. If your cook-top is very dirty you will have to repeat scraping and application of the cook-top cleaner until it is clean. I usually use the cooktop cleaner after every use, especially if there is a spill. Make sure you wait until it is cold, then use a clean wash cloth to wipe up as much of the spill as possible, and use the razor blade when necessary. It only takes a few minutes to do. We purchased a used house and the glass cook-top had three scratches and three tiny chips. Over the course of using the cleaner regularly one of the scratches has disappeared and the little chip holes are filling up. I think (but do not know for certain) that when using the cleaner it gradually is filling in the scratches and chips. It could be that the coarse particles that are in the cleaner melt and gradually, over quite a bit of time, fill in the scratches.

One word of caution: Do NOT allow sugar in any form to get onto your hot burners. For some reason that will chip the glass. I think that is what caused the chips in my cook top. Keep in mind the cook-top is glass and glass can be scratched, so don't slide pans on your cook-top and you should be able to keep it looking good for years.