How to cleans racks in oven

+5
  • Ken Ken on Dec 14, 2017
    We had a story here recently where the Hometalker removed the racks from the oven then soaked them overnight in dishwashing detergent and water in the bathtub. Claimed that cleaning was easy after the soak.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 14, 2017
    Or you could remove the racks and soak them with ammonia and water placed inside a black plastic garbage bag. Let the bag sit in the sun for several hours and rinse.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 14, 2017
    Hi Jacque. My grandmother taught me the easiest way to clean the racks. You simply spray them with vinegar and then lay them on the grass over night. The next day wipe them down. Something with the dew on the grass at night and the vinegar make it so easy. I am in WI with snow so it would be a while before I can do this again. Other take a sos pad and clean them in the bath tub.

• Carol Carol on Dec 14, 2017
    Put them in the bath tub..Spray with vinegar and sprinkle baking soda on them...wait ten mins and then fill the tub with hot water and let them soak for 20 mins...rub them with a sponge and you should be good

• Peg Peg on Dec 14, 2017
    You could try using sos pads.

• Tina worley Tina worley on Dec 14, 2017
    Well? When racks are guncky , so are the stove top racks. I got easy off. Laid down paper bags. It s better outside but I just put them inside on counter next to sink.. If you have dishwasher you can skip easy off. Add 1\2 cup ammonia to racks in dishwasher and do cycle.. .whatever you have time for. The clear ammonia is for cutting grease and won hurt dishwasher.

• Jacque Jacque on Dec 15, 2017
    That’s the answer I need. Thanks a bunch