How to protect the ceramic stove cover?

+3
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 24, 2017
    Use Cerama Bryte and a gentle scrubber to clean. Be careful you do not use a hard scrubber as it will scratch the surface.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 24, 2017
    You can make and put a wood cutting board on top of it to protect it when you are not using the stove top. Just make sure you leave it off until the burner areas are cool so you don't burn the wood. This will allow you to use the area for other things and not harm the ceramic top.

• Carlos Carlos on Dec 24, 2017
    Thanks. That's what I'm looking for, a board to put on top but heat resistant.

I don't know if the heat resistant will be possible with the heat that the ceramic stove top generates and hold for a while. You could try putting feet on it, but the radiant heat would still be damaging unless you wait for a while to put it on the stove. Even if you put some kind of metal flashing on the bottom it would still transmit the heat to the wood.

• Carlos Carlos on Dec 24, 2017
    Good suggestions. Thanks!

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 24, 2017
    I use a glass cutting board on the center of mine but do take it off if the oven top gets really hot if your cooking something for hours.
    And I've brought bamboo ones for friends at Grocery Outlet.