How can I keep my cloth tablecloth from sliding all over the table?

+3
  • Beth W Beth W on May 07, 2018
    Go to the dollar store, buy the hokey type shelf liner. Cut a piece to go under each plate. Place it on the table and cover with the cloth. Place your plates on top and the cloth should no longer slide.

• HollyS HollyS on May 07, 2018
    You need a table pad. This protects your table surface and keeps the tablecloth in place. They can be heavy-duty custom made pieces that fold away when not in use or an inexpensive liner of flannel-backed vinyl that you cut to fit your table. Bed Bath & Beyond sells them.

• Flipturn Flipturn on May 07, 2018
    Table pad fabric can also be purchased by the yard off the bolt at fabric stores.

• Maggy Maggy on May 07, 2018
    Or you can buy the foam grid fabric used for rugs at the fabric store by the yard or by the bag. If the table is that slick, painting some squiggles of shiny puffy paint on the underside of the tablecloth might work. I used to do that on the bottoms of new homemade slippers I made for my son when he was young to keep him from slipping on the linoleum floor.

• Maggy Maggy on May 07, 2018
    Just so you know- you are not gluing the tablecloth to the tabletop. You squiggle some paint on the bottomside of the tablecloth, let it dry over night, then put it on the table squiggles side down. Depending on the tablecloth fabric, it should still be washable in your washing machine. Just don't gob the paint on. Use a low setting on the dryer. if it is dryclean only, do not use. Puffy paint is NOT drycleanable. This is a very inexpensive option. The squiggles will be felt through the fabric from the top if the fabric is thin. Good luck.

• try using a piece of rubber drawer liner in the center of the table