How do I get red clay out of white baseball pants?

+2
My son's baseball team play in red clay and their pants are white and when they have to slide, the red clay gets ground in the pants. The pants are double thickness. Please help!! Oxi clean isnt working..

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 22, 2017
    I would try using Oxi-Clean on them. Soak them first for best results.

• Bijous Bijous on Dec 22, 2017
    Boy this brings back memories. My mother fought red clay stains in Oklahoma when my brothers were little. My mother used borax and made a paste out of it and left it covering the stain overnight. She then used plain dish soap and rubbed in well and threw the clothes in the washer. It did a super job.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 22, 2017
    I would soak them first and put some oxy and dawn or tide or whatever soap you want. Soak it to loosen the clay up, then, if you have a sprayer try getting some of it out that way. A good hard spray of water may take it out of the fibers easier and leave less for the washer to try to get out. If it is dry by the time you see the pants, try vacuuming some of it off first.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 22, 2017
    There are YouTube videos showing folks using a car wash power washer, and then there is Iron Out sold in plumbing or laundry isles....

• Donnalobianco Donnalobianco on Dec 22, 2017
    buy Zote flakes and as soon as you get home soak overnight, you can also buy the soap bar and scrub the tuff spots out and then wash, you may half to do 2 times if the clay was wet. I buy it in Walmarts