How to remove lint from black clothes washed in dryer with towel?

+2
  • Betsy Betsy on Feb 17, 2019

Aaahhh geeze Kathy: Been there, done that. Hated it! :( What I did was to use an old electric razor and shave it off:) Sometimes masking tape works or just the time honoured and tiresome job of picking it off. In the future, turn your clothes inside out (all of them) before washing. That helps eliminate lint on the outside, pretty much, and keeps the colours longer. Good luck and happy picking:)

• Wanda B Wanda B on Feb 17, 2019

First Try running the clothes through the dryer by themselves. Maybe even wash them again first. Perhaps use a softener sheet with them in the dryer. That should help some. Then...there are sticky things you can get in a pet store or pet section at the supermarket. They are usually on a roller with a handle and used to get pet hairs off clothes and furniture. You can also wrap masking tape around your hand with sticky side out. That will also pull lint, pet hairs off items. 😉

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Feb 17, 2019

Tedious, but works: make a loop of packing tape for you four fingers and pull it off with the sticky side of the tape.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Feb 17, 2019

Hi Kathy,

You can buy a lint roller if you want, but to me the best way to do it with items that I have in my home is to use duct tape. I pull off strips, put them on the clothe, or other items, then pull them off - repeat. Each strip can be used 2-3 times, depending on how much lint it needs to pick up. If you don't have duct tape, masking tape or even Scotch tape will work. It is my opinion that lint rollers just don't last long enough so I stopped buying them and used tape, either in strips or around my hand instead. I hope this helps you. Wishing you the best.

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Feb 17, 2019

I might try adding the dry black clothes into the dryer with a damp towel and fabric sheets.