How do I get gum off a carpet?

+5

I have tried leaving ice on it, and then tried scrapping it off but that didn't work. I also tried various cleaning products to no avail. The rug is wall to wall and is brand new so I hate to do anything that may ruin it. Thank you for any advice.

• Dfm Dfm on Feb 04, 2019

Sounds crazy.....but sometimes peanut butter will get gum removed.

• Gk Gk on Feb 04, 2019

Hello Nancy! You will just have to keep working on it to get all the gum off. It takes a bit to get it all out of the carpet fibers. Here's some solutions for you to consider: https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Gum-from-Carpet

• Nancy Nancy on Feb 04, 2019

Thank you kindly for the reply and link,appreciated.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Feb 04, 2019

If freezing it doesn’t work and I’d try making it cold without adding any extra moisture not like a melting ice cube directly on it put a lunch pack ice pack with a paper towel in between.....then my next step would be to cut it out esp if it’s not much and a shaggier carpet. You won’t miss the few fibers it’s clinging to.

• Nancy Nancy on Feb 04, 2019

Thank you, I think I will keep trying with the cold as you said, yes I will try the ice pack, great idea.

• Oliva Oliva on Feb 04, 2019

Did you check the manufacturer's website for stains and their safe removal?