How do I get dark hair color off of my kitchen cupboard?!!

+8

I have medium oak colored cabinets and my daughters were coloring their hair and got some color on cabinet!! It's been on there for at least 5 yrs because i haven't found anything not harmful to get it off. How do I remove the hair dye?

• Julia Brown Julia Brown on Oct 07, 2016
    Have you tried Murphy's Oil Soap?

• William William on Oct 07, 2016
    Vinegar and baking soda Make a paste with equal parts of vinegar and baking soda. Put some paste on a clean cloth, and rub it on the stain until the stain disappears from the wood. After the dye is out, wipe the area with warm water. ***** Baking soda, detergent and water Make a solution of 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent and two cups of warm water. Rub at the stain with a clean cloth drenched in the solution until the stain disappears. ***** Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide For really stubborn hair-dye stains, make a paste of equal parts baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Rub the paste onto the stain using a dry cloth. Before applying this mixture to the stain, try it on a hidden part of the wood. Hydrogen peroxide can change the color of your wood and leave a more unsightly stain than the one you are trying to get out, so test the mixture before using it

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 07, 2016
    This might sound silly ,however I have used plain white toothpaste on different situations. Rub into the stain ,leave on until it forms a thick paste and rub into the wood.

• Sandra Hellewell Sandra Hellewell on Oct 07, 2016
    My hair stylist always sprayed hairspray when she got hair color on clothing or her white counter but maybe it only works if you spray it immediately? It won't do any harm and I think it's worth a try!

• Dorothy Sittler Dorothy Sittler on Oct 08, 2016
    use 20% peroxide

• Kelvin Kelvin on Oct 08, 2016
    Surgical wipes or as others know them as Alcohol wipes they get dye off with no problem without damage . My daughter is always getting hair dye everywhere .

• K.C. K.C. on Oct 08, 2016
    Magic erasers!!! I got a years-old hair color stain off my wood floors using a magic eraser and some elbow grease. Good luck!!

• Francesca Francesca on Oct 08, 2016
    I've got the dye all over my sink. Peroxide didn't work. Hope it works on wood!

• Francesca Francesca on Oct 08, 2016
    Thank you Robert.