How to get out hard crusty hairspray/hair oil off recliner head area

+3
I have a recliner where I have cleaned the area of the headrest. What can I do to get the area soft again? I've tried several upholstery products and trying to brush, it's crusty hard with a darker tint than rest of the chair. Great chair just have had a while. The material is kind of a rounded corduroy Any suggestions?

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Jan 04, 2018
    Try rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth, Denise. It should dissolve the hairspray. You'll want to test this in an inconspicuous area first.

• Denise Harbison Denise Harbison on Jan 04, 2018
    Where may I purchase the microfiber cloth?

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Jan 05, 2018
      I get mine at the dollar store, but you should be able to find them anywhere you would purchase cleaning supplies.

• Susan Maddox Susan Maddox on Jan 04, 2018
    I got mine at Harbor Freight. They were free with a purchase.

• Pat Pat on Jan 04, 2018
    Walmart has them very cheap.....2 for less than 75 cents

• Pat Pat on Jan 04, 2018
    Also go to a furniture store that sells leather furniture or to a hardware store and ask for a leather furniture renewal kit.....comes with cleaner and conditioner....I use that on my leather recliners all the time. Sponge is included in the kit.