Removing stains from cultured stone

Jon M
by Jon M
+10
I have a light colored solid surface vanity with sink ....all one piece. Have some staining in the sink from an unknown source, & would like to know the best way, and/or products to use to remove it, before I reinstall it. Thanks!
  • William William on Aug 18, 2016
    Do not use any harsh abrasives. Cultered marble has a gel coat similar to a car's clear coat or boats. Use a mild scouring pad (like the green ones used for dishes) along with the glass cooktop cleaner. Goof Off in a spray bottle works wonders on stains. Hard water deposits can be removed with a solution of vinegar and water.

• See 1 previous
    • William William on Aug 19, 2016
      Goof Off will not affect the gel coat. I use the green and red pads. I use the green ones in between poly coats. Never had them scratch anything. The white and yellow ones are like paper. Don't do a thing.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 18, 2016
    Try rubbing baking soda into the stain. Leave on overnight if possible.

• Jon M Jon M on Aug 18, 2016
    OK,thanks! I'll give it a try, as soon as I restock with some baking soda. I'm assuming you mean to make a paste out of it?

• Linda Cabler Linda Cabler on Aug 19, 2016
    Go to the Dollar store and buy some Ultra brite tooth paste and smear it in the top good and let it sit for about 20 min. Then go back and "shine" it out with the tooth paste.

If the toothpaste doesn't work. ( most of the time it does) Then pout some soda on it and dampen it with vinegar. The stain will rise to the top and you can clean it off.

• D'Sapone D'Sapone on Sep 14, 2016
    We will remove all the stains from your cultured stone with Benaz – a cleaner designed by pFOkUS. Then, we will seal it with a clear resin topical solvent sealer, penetrating deep into the surface with a slight sheen to protect your stone from stains. Learn more at https://www.dsapone.com/shower/cultured-marbl....

• Jon M Jon M on Sep 14, 2016
    I'm in Wa State. Youre in OK

• Jon M Jon M on Jul 09, 2017
    Do you have anyone in Wa State? None of the responses i got have seemed to work on my stain

• Mamamia Mamamia on Jul 09, 2017
    have you tried scrubbing with a paste of baking soda and water. Let stand and rinse off.

• Jon M Jon M on Jul 09, 2017
    YES

• Jon M Jon M on May 12, 2018
    So far still stained