How to remove rust from a metal/steel garden table & 2 chair settings?

+4
  • Ginny Ginny on Jun 21, 2017
    Have you considered using sandpaper and a wire brush? That is what I used when removing rust from my iron steps that lead from my back door to the backyard. It's a monotonous task but it works. Cover former rush spots with primer and paint with Rust*Oleum. They advertise lots of lovely colors on TV in my area - spring blues, greens, yellows and the like to dress up outdoors in summer.

• Chickchoc Chickchoc on Jun 21, 2017
    Try Naval Jelly to remove the rust, then sand, prime and paint with a quality OIL based paint. I found that water-based paint just doesn't seem to hold up on metal outdoor furniture.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 21, 2017
    try ketchup,coke ,lemon,white vinegar

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 21, 2017
    Naval jelly. Then repaint with Rustolium .

• Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 21, 2017
    C.D. Scallan is spot on!!!

• William William on Jun 21, 2017
    I use sandpaper and a wire brush in a drill. Wear eye protection. You would need a lot of navel jelly and its messy. Cleanup is also a pain. Don't get any on your skin. Use Rustoleum or Krylon sprat paint made for metal. Several light coats will give you a smooth finish.

• Chrissie Novachkos Chrissie Novachkos on Jun 22, 2017
    Thank you all for your help. 😊