What can I treat my leather sofa with?

+5
The soft nubuck leather has gone hard and shiny on the seats. Is there anything I can use to make the leather soft again? Thank you, Louise

• Ken Ken on Jan 05, 2018
    I like a product I purchased on Amazon called Leather Honey. Worked wonders on my father's WWII era motorcycle jacket. Since your leather is a sort of suede I'm not sure what it would do to the finish but it will make it soft and supple.

• Pg Pg on Jan 05, 2018
    Try Murphy's Oil Soap. It is for cleaning and conditioning leather and wood.

• Jean Jean on Jan 05, 2018
    Agree with pg, after cleaning if not soft enough. Try mink oil made for leather. Use sparingly you don't want to make to slick and slide off the couch. Lol
    Make sure to wipe off excess and rub in well.

• Amanda Amanda on Jan 05, 2018
    HI Louise. You can try using a leather conditioning cream. I would do this every other day until it starts to soften up again. Make sure to test a small area first so you know it won't discolor the leather.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 05, 2018
    Good old saddle soap. Works great.

• William William on Jan 05, 2018
    Don't use Murphy's Oils Soap. It's only for wood. Clean it with Saddle Soap the use a leather conditioner.

• Louise Hobbs Louise Hobbs on Jan 07, 2018
    ok thank you

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jan 08, 2018
    You need saddle soap, you can purchase at an automotive store, follow the directions on the can.